jueves, 27 de julio de 2017

Summer camp in Cornwall

From July, the 22nd to the 26th; I have been doing a Summer Camp in Penzance (Cornwall) with girls from my charity.
We travelled to London to Penzance by train and we have done many activities like coasting, visiting St Michael's Castle in Penzance, Barbecue in Land's End, visiting old people in their residence... But above all, we enjoyed a lot spending time all together, talking about  our different points of view in many things and trying to improve our team-working skills.

For me this has been very interesting because I've been in charge of some of the girls from Latin-America and talking with them I've been able to help them to cope their fears about living in an other country different than theirs, and they felt encouraged to learn and speak English with the rest o the girls.

I used to lead summer camps in Spain, but this has been new for me because I had the barrier of the language, I did't know the place, etc: but my team has been great and everything has gone perfect, I'm very happy with this experience.

No hay comentarios: